Velocty 2 provides advanced control of induction, linear & servo motors for high-end automation equipment. The unit incorporates its own position controller allowing it to operate stand-alone or as part of a larger networked system.
The unit incorporates its own position controller allowing it to operate stand-alone or as part of a larger networked system. Velocity 2 offers unique features and performance in a very compact package. Engineered to deliver power and performance to high-end automation machinery, the highly flexible Velocity 2 offers capacities from 0.75kW to 110kW in a variety of sizes ranging from 4U, to flightcased drives, including custom cabinets and multiple drive systems.
In most applications Velocity 2 offers a complete solution without the need for external ‘regen’ units or ‘braking resistors’. Instead, internal brake resistors and temperature controlled forced air cooling for quiet operation at 100% duty cycle are included. All drive and interface parameters may be accessed through the incorporated colour touchscreen display, which provides detailed diagnostic information and performance feedback. The Velocity 2 drive also includes manual controls for quick and intuitive local control when required.
1. Visual Indicators
A large indicator displays the status of the Velocity 2 drive. The whole Velocity 2 range includes an Emergency Stop button next to each local control. The integrated LED indicates the status of the Emergency Stop system. These indicators provide a quick visual reference to the user of the status of the controller.
2. Touchscreen Display
The screen shows the device name, current drive position, speed and load, and the date and time. The device name and the date and time may be adjusted from the Settings menu if required. Detailed diagnostics and feedback are available through additional screens on the display.
3. Fit Up Mode Key
Rigging operations are permitted using the Orange key. This key, together with a username and password, allows the operator to temporarily override some of the safety functions to get the system successfully installed.
4. Local Control
Setting the mode key in ‘LOCAL’ activates the Velocity 2 manual mode. Setting the mode key in ‘OFF’ safely deactivates the drive control. In ‘REM’ the Velocity 2 drive can be controlled remotely via K2 or Velocity software.
- SIL3 safety technology is available as a factory fitted option, offering functionality
- Configurable for open and closed loop operation of ac induction, linear and servo motors
- Integral position controller creates a self-contained motion control system
- Multiple control options from manual controls and pendants to a fully featured computer interface
- Compact design without sacrificing high power output options
- Rugged case design for physically demanding touring environments
- Compatible with K2 and Vector software
- Interfaces with multiple types of incremental and absolute encoders, load monitoring and other sensors